Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Fri, 04 Jun 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Rock 'n Glide Soothers and 2-in-1 Soothe 'n Play Gliders recalled due to the possible risk of suffocation - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Infants who are placed unrestrained in the products and later found on their stomach are at risk of suffocation.
- Thu, 13 May 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Backyard Discovery Big Brutus, Little Brutus and Mini Brutus Metal A-Frame Swing Sets recalled due to injury hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The attachment of the swing hanger may fail, creating an injury hazard.
- Thu, 06 May 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Natural Hooded Moses Basket recalled due to injury hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Moses baskets are bassinets in Canada. Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these bassinets do not meet the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations in Canada. Specifically, the product is unstable and can tip over, posing an injury hazard. In addition, the ribbon from the hood is too long and if pulled into the sleeping area, may pose a strangulation hazard to the child.
- Wed, 05 May 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Lil Jumbl Bedside Bassinet recalled due to potential injury hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these bassinets do not meet the Canadian Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations. Specifically, the bassinets do not meet stability requirements when used as a stand alone bassinet, and may pose an injury hazard.
- Thu, 15 Apr 2021 04:00:00 +0000: CTG Kool Charmz Links with Various Charms recalled due to lead in excess of allowable limits - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that the recalled jewellery contains lead in excess of allowable limits.