Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Crocodile Creek Eco-Kids Tritan Water Bottles recalled due to choking hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The coloured sipper/spout may be removed from the top of the bottle, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Tue, 25 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Kings n Queens pajama pants recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
These products do not meet the flammability requirements for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Duoladuobu Anti-Dust Silicone Pacifier recalled due to Choking Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The nipple can detach from the base, posing as a choking hazard to infants and young children.
- Tue, 04 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Evenflo Pillo Napper recalled due to not meeting Canadian requirements - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The product does not meet the requirements for bassinets under the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations.
- Mon, 03 Jun 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Baby sleep bags with legs recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada has determined that the recalled products do not meet flammability requirements for children's sleepwear under the Canadian law.