Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Thu, 15 Apr 2021 04:00:00 +0000: CTG Kool Charmz Links with Various Charms recalled due to lead in excess of allowable limits - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that the recalled jewellery contains lead in excess of allowable limits.
- Wed, 07 Apr 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Children's Bath Wraps recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The company recently received a test report which revealed that the products do not meet the Children's Sleepwear Regulations.
- Thu, 01 Apr 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Valco Baby Trend bassinets recalled due to potential injury hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The product is not meant to be used separate from the stroller frame and does not meet Canadian bassinet requirements. When used as a stand-alone unit, the product is unstable and could tip over.
- Wed, 24 Mar 2021 04:00:00 +0000: BABYZEN YOYO bassinets recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these bassinets do not meet the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations in Canada. Specifically, the handles of the product may be pulled into the sleeping area, posing a strangulation hazard to the child.
- Tue, 23 Mar 2021 04:00:00 +0000: évolur Stellar Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper recalled due to potential injury hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The bassinet has not been tested to the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations in Canada and may not meet the bassinet safety requirements.