Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Britax BOB Jogging Strollers recalled due to possible fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The front wheel of these strollers may detach if improperly secured causing the stroller to flip over posing a possible fall hazard.
- Fri, 19 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Baby's Choice Pacifier and Holder Set recalled due to Choking Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that pieces of the nipple can detach, posing as a choking hazard to infants and young children.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Joe Fresh Baby Girl and Baby Boy Sun Hats recalled due to choking hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The loop fastener on the hat may detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
- Tue, 09 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Stokke, LLC recalls Tripp Trapp Newborn Set due to fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The 5-point harness on the recalled product can be re-assembled incorrectly. This poses both a fall and injury hazard to children.
- Mon, 01 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Stokke, LLC recalls Steps Bouncer due to possible fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Consumers who own both the Steps Bouncer and the Steps Chair set may experience the Steps Bouncer not attaching properly to the Steps Chair despite the locking indicator turning green.