MyConsignment Manager is the software we use for registration, entering/managing inventory, printing tags and selecting check-in and volunteer times. The entire process is done online.
Here are a few things to keep in mind during the registration process:
- Read the Victoria Kids Consignment Agreement in its entirety before registering
- Choose a user name that you can easily remember
- Passwords are limited to a maximum of 8 characters
- At the Sale’s Registration Options page, you must choose to register as a seller or a volunteer as the final step; skipping this step can cause you to lose any information you entered
- Use the ‘Register/Log-In’ button above to access the tagging system.
- You set the prices for your items. We ask that you keep in mind what you would pay for an item yourself and price accordingly.
- If you choose to ‘Discount’ your items, this means they will sell for half-price on the final day of the sale. Check the box next to discount if you wanted your items discounted. Leave it blank if you do not want your items discounted. Your tags will print with ‘Discount: Yes or No’ according to your instructions.
- If you choose to ‘Donate’ your items, this means you will NOT be returning after the sale is over to collect your unsold items and wish to have them donated to a local charity. Check the box next to donate to allow your items to be donated. Leave it blank if you want your unsold items back. You may choose to donate some or all of your items. Your tags will print with a ‘D’ for donate or blank for do not donate.
- The description field is very important! Give as much detail as possible in this field. We are able to search the database to find items that may become separated from tags during the sale. The more description we have, the easier it is to located seperated items/tags.
- If you leave the ‘Enter Items’ tab or are timed out of the system, all of the items at the bottom of the page will disappear. DO NOT WORRY. They are still in the database and can be accessed via the ‘Manage Inventory’ tab.
- The ‘Manage Inventory’ tab can also be used to edit multiple items at once, delete items after a sale, or transfer items between sales.
- You will need Adobe Acrobat in order to print your tags. NO PDF TAGS SHOWING? Try right clicking on your mouse while you are on the link and choosing “open in a new window.” Your pop-up blocker may interfere with Adobe.
- You can print all your tags at once or a few at a time. Tags will print eight to a page, so print in increments of eight to save paper.
- Load your printer with 60-67# WHITE cardstock only, which is widely available at Staples/Walmart/Superstore. The tags will go through a bit of abuse during the sale and regular paper tends to tear and bend, causing problems for the scanners. Change the paper orientation to landscape. Use a normal or “draft” print setting only. Printouts that are too light or too heavy will keep the barcodes from scanning correctly. Check the printout after the first page of tags so you can catch any mistakes and check the quality of the barcode before you continue.
- If you got an error when printing or your barcodes are too fuzzy/thick/dark, go to the ‘Print Items’ tab and select these items again and reprint with a lower print quality.
- Cut tags apart and stack in order so you can attach with 1 inch or larger safety pins (for clothing) or clear packing tape for bagged items, books, toys, etc. DO NOT TAPE OVER THE BARCODE. Be mindful when attaching tags to notice the description and make sure it matches the item.
- Items must be tagged using the MyConsignment Manager system. We CANNOT accept handwritten tags.
- Changes in price/discount/donate information CANNOT be handwritten on tags. Once the sale locks, the information in the barcode will override any information written on the tag.
Contact us with any questions or problems you encounter. We want this process to be quick and easy for you!