Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Fri, 13 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Nununu children's clothing with drawstrings recalled due to a strangulation and dragging risk - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children's upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences, or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of a vehicle, the child being dragged.
- Tue, 10 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Various Children's Warm-up Jackets recalled due to entanglement hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings at the waist on children's upper outerwear can become caught on vehicles causing the child to be dragged.
- Thu, 05 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: DaVinci Bailey Bassinet recalled due to fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
If the bassinet is moved across the floor with enough friction or shaken with significant pressure, the lateral forces may cause the wooden legs to break at or near the attachment point where the legs are screwed into the supporting cross beam. If a leg of the bassinet were to break with an occupant inside, the bassinet could present a fall hazard.
- Tue, 03 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Velvet jacket recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The drawstrings on children's outerwear can hang on playground equipment, fences or other objects, posing a strangulation hazard. In addition, if the cord attaches to a vehicle, the child can be dragged.
- Tue, 19 Nov 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Racine Carrée children's clothing with drawstrings recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children's outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences, or other objects and result in strangulation or, in the case of a vehicle, the child being dragged.