Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Thu, 15 Mar 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Handi-Craft Company recalls various Dr. Brown's Lovey Pacifier & Teether Holders - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Repeated use and wear of the product can cause the pacifier ribbons to fray and/or unravel, allowing the snaps to inadvertently detach from the ribbon and pose a potential choking hazard.
- Thu, 01 Mar 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Graco Children's Products Inc. recalls Graco Table2TableTM 6-in-1 Highchairs - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The highchair's rear legs can pivot out of position and make the chair unstable, posing a fall hazard to a child in the highchair.
- Wed, 28 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Lemur Group Inc. recalls PL Children's Sleepwear - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The children’s nightgown fails to meet the flammability requirements for children's sleepwear under Canadian Law, therefore posing a risk of burn injuries to children.
- Tue, 13 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Tea Living Inc. recalls children's rompers - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The snaps at the neck area on the rompers can detach, posing a choking hazard to young children.
- Thu, 01 Feb 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Alstyle Apparel & Activewear Recalls Various Baby Onesies with Metal Snaps - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The metal snaps on the recalled Alstyle baby onesies may detach resulting in a choking hazard for children.