Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 14 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Toy Story 4 Backpack in specially-marked Pull-Ups Plus training pants recalled for inspection for potential inclusion of finishing scissors - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The finishing scissors that might be found in the backpacks may pose a potential abrasion, laceration, or puncture hazard to a caregiver or child.
- Mon, 13 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Bily Retractable Safety Gate recalled due to chemical hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these products do not meet the Canadian safety requirements for expansion gates. Specifically, the surface coating applied on the metal tube of the gates contains barium in excess of allowable limits.
- Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:00:00 +0000: Joe Fresh Toddler Girls' Winter Hat recalled due to choking hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The loop fastener may detach and pose a choking hazard to children.
- Mon, 30 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Various Gongshow brand children's hoodies and sweatshirts with drawstrings recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children’s upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences, or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of a vehicle, the child being dragged.
- Fri, 20 Dec 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Various children's upper outerwear with drawstrings recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children's upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences, or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of a vehicle, the child being dragged.