Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Wed, 15 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Fisher-Price Rock 'n Play Sleepers recalled due to reports of deaths in the United States (sold on Amazon.ca) - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
As the product was advertised as sleeping accommodation for a child, it must meet the requirements under the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations. The product fails to meet these requirements.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Arm's Reach Cribs and Bassinets recalled due to not meeting Canadian requirements - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The cribs and Co-Sleeper products have not been tested to the Canadian Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations and may not meet the safety requirements.
- Wed, 15 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper recalled due to reports of deaths in the United States - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
As the Fisher-Price Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper model R6070 was advertised as sleeping accommodation for a child, it must meet the requirements under the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations. The product fails to meet these requirements. As a playtime or soothing seat, the product is not subject to the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations.
- Tue, 07 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Great Pretenders recalls Best Friends Necklace Set due to lead and cadmium in excess of allowable limits - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that the recalled jewellery contains lead and cadmium in excess of allowable limits.
- Thu, 02 May 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Tuffy infant sleepers recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
These infant sleepers do not meet the flammability requirements for children's sleepwear under Canadian law.