Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Thu, 23 Sep 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Boppy Original Newborn Loungers, Boppy Preferred Newborn Loungers and Pottery Barn Kids Boppy Newborn Loungers recalled due to suffocation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Infants can suffocate if they roll, move, or are placed on the lounger in a position that obstructs breathing, or roll off the lounger onto an external surface, such as an adult pillow or soft bedding, that obstructs breathing.
- Wed, 15 Sep 2021 04:00:00 +0000: TAG brand rashguard for girls recalled due to choking hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The snaps at the bottom may come off the garment, which presents a choking hazard.
- Thu, 02 Sep 2021 04:00:00 +0000: StepUp Sidekick Learning TowersTM recalled due to fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The storage tray with cup holders and the step can come loose from the tower, posing a fall hazard.
- Thu, 26 Aug 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Ryan and Rose Cutie Spoovel recalled due to Choking Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The product's handle can break, posing a choking hazard.
- Wed, 25 Aug 2021 04:00:00 +0000: Children's Sleepwear Sets recalled due to Flammability Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The recalled sleepwear sets fail to meet flammability requirements for children's sleepwear, posing a risk of burn injuries to children.