Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Wed, 04 Sep 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Love to Dream Sleep Suit with leg openings recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The recalled products do not meet flammability requirements for children's sleepwear under the Canadian law.
- Fri, 30 Aug 2019 04:00:00 +0000: RH Vintage Steel Play Chairs and Stools in Distressed Red paint recalled due to lead in excess of allowable limits - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
These chairs and stools contain lead in excess of allowable limits, posing a risk of lead exposure to children. Lead is toxic if ingested and can cause adverse health effects.
- Tue, 27 Aug 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Contigo Kids Cleanable Water Bottles recalled due to Choking Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The water bottle's clear silicone spout can detach, posing a choking hazard to children.
- Thu, 22 Aug 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Wetskins Children's Rainsuit recalled due to strangulation hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children's upper outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences, or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of a vehicle, the child being dragged.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 04:00:00 +0000: Britax BOB Jogging Strollers recalled due to possible fall hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The front wheel of these strollers may detach if improperly secured causing the stroller to flip over posing a possible fall hazard.