Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 21 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Bunz Kidz Children's Sleepwear Sets recalled due to flammability hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The products fail to meet the flammability requirements for children's sleepwear, posing a risk to children.
- Thu, 16 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Health Canada Advises Canadians to Stop Using and Selling Two Baby's Journey Infant Napper Products - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
OTTAWA - Health Canada has identified two inclined sleeping products sold between 2016 and 2018, potentially circulating on the second-hand market, that do not meet the safety requirements for bassinets under the Cribs, Cradles and Bassinets Regulations (CCBR).
- Thu, 09 Jul 2020 04:00:00 +0000: DaVinci Bailey Bassinets recalled due to fall or entrapment hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The mattress support board or the cross bar supporting the mattress support board of the bassinet may become disengaged with an occupant inside, posing a fall or entrapment hazard.
- Wed, 24 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000: Miniware Silicone Teething Spoons recalled due to Choking Hazard - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The teething spoon can break in a child's mouth when being used as a teether, posing a choking hazard to infants.
- Fri, 12 Jun 2020 04:00:00 +0000: J.B. Poitras children's table and stool set recalled due to lead in excess of allowable limit - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that the yellow and red coatings applied to the stools and table legs contain lead in excess of the allowable limit established by the Surface Coatings Materials Regulations.