Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Fri, 06 Jul 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Buy Buy Baby recalls Ellen Degeneres Coveralls with Cap - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The coverall has a bunny applique which can detach and poses a choking hazard.
- Fri, 06 Jul 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Expanded Recall: Peg Perego Canada Inc. recalls Various Book Strollers - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these strollers do not meet the Carriages and Strollers Regulations in Canada. Specifically, the strollers do not meet the latching system requirements for folding strollers as they do not have a safety device independent of the latching device to prevent folding.
- Wed, 20 Jun 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Bumbleride Inc recalls Bumbleride Speed 3-wheel jogging stroller - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that this jogging stroller does not meet the sharp edge requirements of the Carriages and Strollers Regulations in Canada. The metal edge of the back hinge located on the right side of the jogging stroller can be sharp, posing a potential risk of cut or laceration.
- Mon, 11 Jun 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Peekaboo Beans Inc. recalls Peekaboo Beans Dark Heather Charcoal Infant Garments - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The bean logo can become detached, posing a potential choking hazard.
- Mon, 04 Jun 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Reward Connections Inc. Recalls Ottawa Senators Onesies with Metal Snaps - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The metal snaps on the recalled Ottawa Senators onesies may detach resulting in a choking hazard to young children.