Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 15 Jan 2019 05:00:00 +0000: Expanded recall: Shermag recalls Harrison convertible 4 in 1 crib - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The hardware on the cribs can become loose and detach, allowing the sides of the crib to widen, creating a hazardous gap in which infants and toddlers can become wedged or entrapped, posing risks of suffocation and strangulation.Hardware failures can also lead to the crib to collapse as sides may detach.
- Thu, 20 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Loblaw Companies Limited recalls Joe Fresh Baby Girls' Running Shoe - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The hook and loop fastener on the shoe may detach which could pose as a choking hazard for young children.
- Tue, 18 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: The Children's Place recalls NewbornRosebud, Sophy White Floral, and Ladybug Jazzberry Snowsuits - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Metal snaps on the products may loosen and detach creating a choking hazard.
- Tue, 11 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Health Canada Reminds Canadians of Holiday Safety Tips - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
OTTAWA – The holidays are a great time to get together with family and friends. However, holiday traditions can involve some safety risks that may not be found at other times of the year. Health Canada reminds Canadians to follow these tips for a safe and happy holiday season.
- Fri, 07 Dec 2018 05:00:00 +0000: Pois et Moi recalls certain Pacifier Clips - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
While opening and closing, the metal clip can break, releasing small parts that may pose a choking hazard to young children.