Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Thu, 15 Nov 2018 05:00:00 +0000: LÍLLÉbaby recalls Active Baby Carriers - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The sliding chest-clip strap can detach from the shoulder strap, posing a fall hazard to the child in the carrier.
- Tue, 30 Oct 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Mountain Warehouse Limited recalls BPA-Free Printed Kids' Water Bottles - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
If the spout of the water bottle becomes detached during use, a small ring can be exposed and both the spout and the ring may pose a choking hazard.
- Thu, 25 Oct 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Information Update - Staying Safe on Halloween - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Costume and decoration safety
- Tue, 16 Oct 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Abond Group Inc. recalls Tubeez Baby Bath Support - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The bath support’s suction cups may not adhere to the bath surface, making it unstable and cause it to possibly tip over while in use. In addition, an infant can slip underneath the front support bar and become lodged under water posing a drowning hazard.
- Tue, 02 Oct 2018 04:00:00 +0000: Garderie Dépôt recalls Dream on Me Portable Cribs - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The distance between the top surface of the lowest fixed side and the top surface of the mattress support is lower than what is required by law, posing a fall hazard.