Items Accepted at Every Victoria Kids Consignment Sale
- Up to 75 season-specific boys & girls clothing in sizes preemie to 12
- Hats, baseball caps, etc.
- Season-Specific shoes: runners (in excellent condition), boots, crib/infant shoes
- Current nursing clothing & accessories (belly bands, bras, nursing pillows, etc.)
- Breast pumps, without tubing, shields, etc. Only pump motors accepted.
- Toys, books, games, puzzles, etc.
- Strollers, playpens, highchairs, carriers, bouncy seats, etc.
- Cribs, rocking chairs, nursery decor, etc.
- Outdoor play equipment, bikes, wagons, ride-on toys, etc.
- Hockey gear/equipment, skating or dance attire, etc.
- Virtually any item your baby or child uses—as long as it meets our standards
Additional Items Accepted at Every FALL Sale
- Heavy winter coats, snowsuits, etc.
- Snow boots
- Heavy toques, scarves, mittens, etc.
- Halloween costumes
- Holiday clothing, toys, books, etc.
Large items must be assembled by Sellers at check-in
Items Not Accepted
We will not accept any items that are out of style, ripped, stained, broken or otherwise damaged. All items must be freshly laundered and have no odours (i.e. cigarette &/or pet smells). We will only take new or nearly new runners. All toys and games must have all their necessary pieces. Any item requiring batteries MUST have working batteries installed. Items without working batteries will be returned to the consignor at check-in.
The following items will NOT be accepted under any circumstance:
- Car Seats
- Bicycle Helmets (unless new with original packaging)
- Stuff Animals of any kind
- Bath toys or bath books
- Fast food or Dollar Store toys
- “Grab Bags” containing miscellaneous items
- Children’s jewellery (the safety concern is that the product may contain lead)
- Books published before 1990
- VHS tapes
- Computer games
- Used nipples or pacifiers (nipples or pacifiers in original, unopened packaging will be accepted)
- Outdated clothing styles
- Maternity or Women’s clothing—it just does not sell!
- Any item that does not meet current safety standards (check for recalled/banned items here: Healthy Canadians or through the manufacturers website)
Current Product Recalls
- Tue, 12 Dec 2017 00:00:00 +0000: Shermag recalls Harrison convertible 4 in 1 crib - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
The hardware on the cribs can become loose and detach, allowing the sides of the crib to widen, creating a hazardous gap in which infants and toddlers can become wedged or entrapped, posing risks of suffocation and strangulation. Hardware failures can also lead to the crib to collapse as sides may detach.
- Tue, 12 Dec 2017 00:00:00 +0000: Peg Perego Canada Inc. recalls Various Book Strollers - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these strollers do not meet the Carriages and Strollers Regulations in Canada. Specifically, the strollers do not meet the latching system requirements for folding strollers as they do not have a safety device independent from the latching device to prevent folding.
- Wed, 06 Dec 2017 00:00:00 +0000: Northern Souvenirs recalls Kids' Full Zip Hooded Jacket with drawstring at the hood - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Drawstrings on children's outerwear can become caught on playground equipment, fences or other objects and result in strangulation, or in the case of vehicles, in the child being dragged.
- Fri, 01 Dec 2017 00:00:00 +0000: Peg Perego Canada Inc. recalls Book Pop-Up Stroller - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
Health Canada's sampling and evaluation program has determined that these strollers do not meet the Carriages and Strollers Regulations in Canada. Specifically, the strollers contain barium in excess of allowable limits.
- Mon, 27 Nov 2017 00:00:00 +0000: JW Crawford Inc. recalls Kids Rain Ponchos - Healthy Canadians -Recalls and Safety Alerts - Kids
A drawstring in the poncho’s hood poses a strangulation hazard to children.